April 25, 2011
CONTACT: Jennifer Heinly, J&J Consulting
NVISION Laser Eye Centers and One Medical Group Host Pop-up Shop in Lido Village During Newport Beach Film Festival
Works of award-wining screenwriter, author and film festival participant Douglas Light and local, legally-blind photographer Kurt Weston to be featured.
Newport Beach, Calif. – NVISION Laser Eye Centers and One Medical Group will transform a retail space in the Lido “Riviera Village” during the Newport Beach Film Festival from April 28 – May 5. Location of the pop-up space is 3412 Via Oporto, Newport Beach, CA 92663.
Two special events will be taking place in the NVISION and One Medical Group’s VIP lounge as well during the week-long festivities:
- Screenplay writer and author Douglas Light, whose book “East Fifth Bliss” is one of the movies featured at the Newport Beach Film Festival, will be signing his book from 6-8 p.m. on Saturday, April 30. The film, which stars Michael C. Hall, Peter Fonda, and Lucy Liu, is opening the festival on April 28.
- Meet and greet with blind, local artist Kurt Weston who will be displaying 10 special pieces of his artwork from 4-6 p.m. on Tuesday, May 3.
Also featured at the pop-up shop under the theme “Look Your Best! See Your Best!”:
- Complimentary eye exams with a highly trained optometrist courtesy of NVISION.
- Complimentary facial treatments courtesy of One Medical Group.
- Complimentary professional makeovers and hair styling courtesy of Blo-Out Lounge.
- Red carpet entrance with Step and Repeat photo area
All events support the nonprofit Shared Visions Art Exhibit featuring works of blind and legally blind artists held annually at the California School of Optometry in Fullerton.
For more information about NVISIONS’ pop-up retail space, visit http://nvisioncenters.com/newport-beach-film-festival.