Your eyes are the jewels of your face. They’re also some of your most important assets, responsible for giving you the gift of sight day in and day out. Finding the right surgeon to trust your eyes to is not a task to be taken lightly. At NVISION, we’ve created a list of five things to keep in mind when choosing a surgeon for your laser eye surgery procedure —
- A Comprehensive Evaluation. A thorough evaluation should take several hours, and include ample time for questions & answers with your surgeon.
- Access to the Latest Technology. Use of the latest diagnostic and surgical techniques when appropriate – such as the Wavefront Analyzer to map aberrations in the eye, or the Femtosecond Assisted Excimer Laser, the most advanced, precision laser available.
- Experience = Expertise. Look for a surgeon who has done 1000s of procedures and is well versed in the technology and equipment that will be used in your procedure.
- Not Afraid to Say No. Although recent advances make laser eye surgery on option for more people than ever, still not everyone will qualify. Feel free to ask your NVISION surgeon about screening standards and what sort of patients may not qualify for laser eye surgery.
- Recommended and Respected. It is often said that having the respect of your peers is the most telling sign accomplishment and trust. You should verify that your surgeon is amongst the most respected and referred by eye doctors.
At NVISION, we’re proud of our exceptional surgeons. Please schedule a consultation at your local NVISION Laser Eye Center to learn more.
Those of us who suffer from dry eyes know the symptoms all to well. The persistent irritation. The constant dryness. The parched burn of tearless eyes. Those who suffer from dry eyes have been known to call it a “maddening condition”.
An estimated 22 million people suffer from dry eyes. And it seems a large number of those people must live here in Southern California, where the year-round warm temperatures, smoggy days, occasional dust-filled Santa Ana winds and strong sun combine to create a hot house for dry eyes. It used to be that treating dry eyes was largely a matter of drops for relief and an effort to learn to live with the condition. That is no longer the case. NVISION Laser Eye Centers now offers patients a variety of treatment options.
We offer a variety of non-surgical options including topical treatments, prescription eye drops, prescribed dietary supplements, compresses, lid hygiene/therapy and application of small collagen or silicone plugs that prevent the draining of tears.
In addition surgical options offered at NVISION include —
- Light Therapy. The same Intense Pulsed Light Treatment Laser (IPL) used to create beautiful skin can also be used to restore moisture to your upper and lower eyelid margins.
- Oil Gland Therapy. A small instrument gently probes the oil glands lining the upper and lower lid margins, restoring the oil secretions of the Meibomian glands. The oily layer of the tear film is restored, and tears remain in the eye instead of evaporating, thus providing soothing relief.
- Tear Duct Therapy. The canals of the eye are sealed with cautery, a form of healing heat to prevent tears from draining. The treatment allows the eye fluids to stay in the eye and provide soothing lubrication and relief.
Your NVISION doctor has the right treatment option for you. Check out our page on Dry Eye Treatments to learn more.
We’re often asked “Why call your blog Vision Village?”. The answer is pretty simple, really.
- It takes ‘village’ to make laser eye surgery successful. A dedicated team of doctors, technicians, counselors and other support staff all working in seamless coordination to insure the success of your procedure.
- NVISION, formerly part of NVISION Laser Eye Centers of Southern California, serves our ‘village’ – the communities across Southern California served by our centers located throughout the region.
- We wanted to create a place to celebrate the gift of sight with our patients, staff and alumni – all the wonders around us that are best experienced with freedom from glasses or contacts. This is our place.
In the coming months, we hope to bring our village to life on this blog. We look forward to introducing you to our doctors, staff, alumni and their experiences of freedom from glasses and contacts. We also want to share with you some interesting facts and stories around the gift of sight as well as some interesting anecdotes of NVISION helping people in our community and even around the world. So welcome to our village. Come in, have a look around, learn, make yourself at home and feel free to join our celebration of sight.